Friday, December 4, 2015

Going back in Time at le Château de Versailles


It was not too long ago when I was able to see the fireworks exploding. Fireworks have always had their own beauty with a vast range of colors from red, blue, green, purple, and orange. On top of the fireworks, there was a fire show happening at the same time as the fireworks with French music playing in the background to match the mood. Being here, you felt warm and there was a sense of you going back in time around the early 1700’s. I was able to see the fountains running at night, which were also illuminated with deep violets, red, and a dull orange color.

I saw a statue surrounded by smoke and lasers. They had smoke covering the ground making it more magical. It was stunning to see not only le château de Versailles lit up at night but also to see the fountains and fireworks. This is something you do not get to see everyday, even in France. I made a French friend who used to be a tour guide at le château de Versailles. He explained, to our small group, the story behind all of the fountains and the process of building le château de Versailles. After that night, I never understood why we do not appreciate history as much as the French do. Historically, everything that we are and everything that we have is because of our history. It is a shame that we do not value those who take the time out to learn about the history of not only our country but the history of others. History seems to be ingrained in every class that I have at the University. Although I may be learning about French literature in the 20th century, grammar, and speech there is always a history lesson for the way things used to be and how the are today. In my opinion, I feel like this has helped me remember all of the information better because it is like a small glimpse back in time.





No comments:

Post a Comment